TA002 | Unterm Rad: The Rake’s Progress
Unterm Rad is Mike Slansky, Chicago native, graphic designer, audio engineer, and composer. Mike has been making electronic music for well over 10 years under many monikers: Rekt, Aural, Month of Grey, has collaborated with countless musicians, and remixed the likes of Hecq, Claus Muzak, Totakeke, Zentriert Ins Antlitz, Testube, and Textbeak. With his solo project Unterm Rad, Mike explores the deepest and darkest regions of his own psyche, taking his listeners on an escalating journey through a wide range of inevitable human emotions.
Unterm Rad‘s prolific debut album featuring 9 original tracks + remixes by Sytrjv, Atomatik 13, The PQ Sessions, Textbeak, JFrank, Symmetrical Syndrome, and Dreams Are Maps.
Sixteen tracks of schizosonic psychopathy chart the paths from confusion, shame, and despair, to hope, perseverance, and hardened resolve.
Irresistible glitchy oddness ahead of its time…
“…minimal and fragmented D’n’B-IDM/Electronica which mostly avoids any straight structures…” – Chain DLK
“… a wonderfully experimental release.” – Connexion Bizarre
- Much To My Chagrin
- With All My Might
- By All Means [clip preview]
- My Might Might Not
- Vertigo [clip preview]
- Why Do I Keep Doing This To Myself?
- Put Up Or Shut Up [clip preview]
- On The Brink
- By All Means Necessary | Remix by JFrank
- On The Brink (Dead Man’s Laughter) | Remix by Symmetrical Syndrome
- On The Brink of Madness | Remix by Atomatik13 [clip preview]
- By All Means (Clangclang) | Remix by The PQ Sessions
- On The Brink (Textbeak Re-edit) | Textbeak
- Barnstorm Across Malfunctions | Remix by Sytrjv
- On The Brink (Verge) | Remix by Dreams Are Maps [clip preview]