In between composing the harsh, uncompromising mayhem of his main project, Lucidstatic, Alaskan native James Church utilizes his prolific side-project Pandora’s Black Book to focus on more secular dark Industrial rhythms and dense ambient atmospheres, all carefully wrapped up in alluring beats and meticulously crafted synthwork.
After releasing his debut CDr album on CRL Studios in 2007, ‘Deconstruction Age‘ in 2008, and arranging an excellent remix for Totakeke, as well as releasing the critically acclaimed Lucidstatic album ‘Gravedigger‘, James began work on his new sonic vision for Tympanik Audio titled ‘Black Brothel‘.
With careful attention to cohesiveness and alluring dark ambiance, ‘Black Brothel‘ commands an air of maturity and function, expertly merging shadowy melodies, haunting pads, rich atmospheres, and infectious beatwork to arrive at a solid collage of intelligent down-tempo, yet abrasive Industrial works that will not soon be forgotten.
Pandora’s Black Book‘s striking new album ‘Black Brothel‘ is available now from Tympanik Audio.
- Born Into Death [Connexion Bizarre 2011]
- Black Brothel [Tympanik Audio 2009]
- Deconstruction Age [CRL Studios 2008]
- Becoming The Remixes [CRL Studios 2007]
- Pandora’s Black Book s/t [CRL Studios 2007]
- Pandora’s Black Book on Myspace
- Pandora’s Black Book on Facebook
- Pandora’s Black Book at CRL Studios