Subheim is the deeply personal project of electronic music composer and visual artist Kostas K., a downtempo, experimental venture fusing IDM elements with rich ambiance and female vocals by Katja.
Complex and uncompromising, Subheim‘s debut album on Tympanik Audio is full of intricate rhythms, deep reverbs, and bitcrushed sounds, combined with pianos, cellos, and beautiful synthwork. Haunting melodies and distant voices meet complex beats and luring atmospheres to create a unique blend of dynamics and emotion.
‘Approach‘ flirts with post-rock and atmospheric downtempo styles, while still maintaining an original sound that is both captivating and inspirational. Moved by subjects such as urban isolation and the outburst of mankind’s deepest emotions, Subheim delivers the ideal soundtrack for those moments of chaos or melancholy reflections.
‘Approach‘ is the highly-anticipated and now critically-acclaimed debut album from this talented Greek artist. Featuring remixes by Mobthrow (GR) and Flaque (GER).
One of 2008′s most talked-about albums and appearing on many “Best of 2008″ lists.
Available now on digipak compact disc only from Tympanik Audio.
- V/A: Accretion – Subheim: Space Corridor [Tympanik Audio 2012]
- V/A: Emerging Organisms vol. 4 – Subheim: Mir50 [Tympanik Audio 2011]
- No Land Called Home [Ad Noiseam 2010]
- V/A: Emerging Organisms vol. 3 – Klangstabil: Beziehungsohr (Subheim remix) [Tympanik Audio 2009]
- V/A: Emerging Organisms vol. 2 – Subheim: Take Me Back [Tympanik Audio 2008]
- Approach [Tympanik Audio 2008]
- V/A: Konkrete – Subheim: Howl [Spectraliquid 2007]
- V/A: Konkrete – Psytech – Finding Yeesha (rmx by Subheim) [Spectraliquid 2007]