The NT1 is a revolutionary condenser microphone with a 1-inch diaphragm that has just hit the market today. The NT1 body is very similar to the NT1-A, with the microphone completely redesigned and only has one part in common: the mesh grille.
RØDE started with a new design that is innovative and also has some elements of tradition. With this capsule, they’ve created a brand people are excited about. HF6 is a high-performance, perfect example of the fusion of RØDE’s artistic approaches to design and advanced manufacturing technologies. It has sound characteristics that are reminiscent of the famous microphones from the past.
This is an excellent product that offers a solid midrange experience with clear and extended highs, although the bass is a little underwhelming.
The patented Lyre capsule suspension, from the audio company Rycote, provides new levels of sound attenuation with the NT1 shotgun microphone. This technology minimizes external vibrations from your microphone at the capsule level. The capsule is then connected to a high-quality electronics that has been designed to provide the lowest noise level of all available studio microphones. The NT1 microphone is quiet, with a self-noise level of only 4.5 dB.
It’s body is made of 6061 aluminum and then nickel-plated to protect against corrosion. With an extremely durable military-grade coating, this mic is scratch resistant and blow to avoid wind.
The NT1 comes with SM6, a high-quality suspension shock absorber that provides isolation from physical factors. This means the microphone will always be free of unwanted noise and vibration which can happen if you are moved or jostled. It includes a robust protective shield that is completely adjustable with easy-to-use levers.
The NT1 is designed for advanced capabilities and strong safety precautions. It is covered by RØDE’s 10-year warranty.
- Capsule and Double Lira System
- Technical Specifications
- Features of Rode NT1 Kit Condenser Microphones
- In the Box
- Advantages of Rode NT1 Kit Microphones
- FAQ for Rode NT1 Kit Microphone Package
- What is the Rode NT1 microphone kit?
- What makes the Rode NT1 different from other microphones?
- What is the price of the Rode NT1 microphone kit?
- How does the Rode NT1 Kit Microphone Package help you?
- How can improve your audio quality on the Rode NT1 microphone kit?
- What is a cardioid microphone?
- What is a condenser microphone?
Capsule and Double Lira System
The HF6 is an excellent example of how RØDE is able to combine the latest technologies in design and engineering with their artistic approach we’ve come to love. What you see in the sound are qualities that are reminiscent of past legendary microphones.
The designers of the SMR suspension system with two liras wanted to improve the overall efficiency of shock absorbers. Their design has an inner lyre which helps hold each lyre in a neutral position where they’re most effective.
The Rode NT1 mic comes with official accessories to make sure you’re getting the best quality sound, like a shock mount and pop filter. Be on the lookout for it!
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Capsule: 1.00″
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Address Type: Side
- Frequency range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Output impedance: 100 ohms
- Maximum SPL: 132 dB SPL (at a frequency of 1 kHz, 1% THD at a load of 1 KOHM)
- Maximum Output Level: 8.0 mV
- Sensitivity: -29.0 dB at 1 Volt/Pascal (35.00 mV at 94 dB SPL) +/-2 dB at 1 kHz
- Equivalent noise level (weighted by scale): 4 dB-A
- Output: XLR
Features of Rode NT1 Kit Condenser Microphones
- Large 1-inch condenser capsule with gold-plated membrane
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Internal capsule cushioning system based on Rycote Lyre
- Ultra-low noise level, self-noise is only 4.5 dB (A)
- Modern electronics for surface mounting
- Comes with SM6 shock absorber with removable pop filter, protective shield and dust cover on a drawstring
- 10-year extended warranty when registering your microphone
In the Box
- Rode NT1 (single NT1)
- Dust Cover For Microphone
- SM6 shock absorber and pop filter
- XLR cable
- Limited warranty for 1 year, which can be extended up to 10 years after registration.
Advantages of Rode NT1 Kit Microphones
- A studio-quality mic that is affordable and widely used in the field.
- This microphone can be used for recording almost any acoustic or electrical instrument.
- The large hand-built HF6 diaphragm condenser capsule delivers the smooth sound you’d expect from a vintage solid-state microphone.
- The internal suspension is equipped with Rycote Lyre technology, which can minimize chassis vibration and resonance.
- You might want to pick up this capacitor – it gives a 4.5dB noise level, making it one of the quietest studio capacitors ever.
- Light aluminum housing is durable, with a laser-applied electrostatic coating with burnt-in inscriptions.
- Set with a shock absorber and a pop-up screen.
- This shock mount is made from lightweight engineering grade polymer with a strong connection and strong clip. This makes it extremely convenient to use without having to worry about your mic stand falling over.
- SRM suspension is designed with a Lyre suspension and other benefits for phenomenal insulation without the disadvantages associated with rubber band shock absorbers.
- A stainless steel pop-up screen with silicone flap has been designed with a non-metallic PDV base and electrostatic coating for superior protection against corrosion.
- Requires +48V phantom power
The Rode NT1 cardioid condenser microphone comes with an official SM6 shock absorber, which is equipped for improved recording results.
Get a revolutionary new microphone at PMT with the Rode NT1 Kit. Buy what you need now & save with promo codes.
FAQ for Rode NT1 Kit Microphone Package
What is the Rode NT1 microphone kit?
The Rode NT1 is a microphone kit that includes a shock mount, pop filter, wind shield, and a mic clip.
The kit is designed for the professional sound engineer who needs to record vocals or instruments in a studio environment.
The Rode NT1 microphone is used by many professional musicians and sound engineers in their live performance and studio work. The mic has a cardioid pickup pattern, which means it will only pick up sound from the front of the mic, as well as a frequency response range of 20Hz-20kHz, which means it can pick up sounds across a wide range of frequencies.
What makes the Rode NT1 different from other microphones?
The NT1 is designed to be used in all professional recording environments. It has an omnidirectional pickup pattern and can handle high SPLs without distortion. It also has an accurate frequency response with minimal distortion at high frequencies.
The kit also includes accessories like a shock mount, pop filter, and wind shield that will help create better sounding recordings.
What is the price of the Rode NT1 microphone kit?
The Rode NT1 microphone kit is a product that many musicians use in their live performances.
The price of the Rode NT1 microphone kit is $399.99.
How does the Rode NT1 Kit Microphone Package help you?
The Rode NT1 Kit Microphone Package is a great way to start your podcasting journey. It has everything you need to start recording voiceovers and interviews on your podcast.
How can improve your audio quality on the Rode NT1 microphone kit?
Audio quality on the Rode NT1 microphone kit will be improved when using a pop filter, which is a simple device that prevents plosives and sibilance.
A pop filter is a device that attaches to the microphone and filters out the air created by plosives, or “p” sounds. This prevents sibilance, which is “s” sounds. Sibilance can be heard in words like “fissure,” “shiver,” and “shyster.”
A pop filter also prevents plosives, which are “p” sounds such as in words like “park,” “parcel,” and “sparkle.”
What is a cardioid microphone?
A cardioid microphone is a type of microphone that has a cardioid pickup pattern. It is used in recording, broadcasting, and live sound applications.
A cardioid microphone has a strong directional response in the front-to-back axis but is relatively omnidirectional in the horizontal axis.
What is a condenser microphone?
Condenser microphones are designed to be used in recording studios. They are usually made of metal or plastic and have a large diaphragm.
The first condenser microphone was invented by John DUNSTAN in 1877.