From his humble beginnings as an acoustic songwriter in Michigan to his recent move to Tympanik’s hometown Chicago, Candle Nine has always immersed himself in the aesthetic of reinvention.
From his first experience with a sequencer in 2006, the mysterious Candle Nine has done little else but constantly reshape and refine his own sound based upon his own path towards artistic aural expression. Heavily inspired by genre-breaking projects such as Gridlock, Haujobb, Converter, and Download, Candle Nine‘s music is altogether harsh, destructive, atmospheric, and splintered, while all at once being very moving and cerebral. With his mixture of ambient soundscapes, glitched synths and percussion, and shattered IDM-laced breakbeats, Candle Nine pays homage to his influences and ultimately creates a sound all his own.
Out now is Candle Nine‘s debut album ‘The Muse In The Machine‘ on Tympanik Audio. A continuous collage of broken beats, haunting atmospheres, addictive beatwork, all wrapped up in expert precision and purposeful cohesiveness. Order Candle Nine‘s new CD here.
– 2010 The Muse In The Machine CD [Tympanik Audio]
– 2009 Candle Nine: “Penumbra” – Emerging Organisms 3 DCD [Tympanik Audio]
– 2009 “No Exit (Sartre Wasn’t Kidding Remix By Candle Nine)” – Ad.ver.sary: A Bright Cut Across Velvet Sky CD [Tympanik Audio]
– 2009 Candle Nine: “Imperfect” – Divergence compilation MP3 [IDMforums Collective]
- Candle Nine on Facebook
- Candle Nine on Twitter
- Candle Nine on Myspace
- Official Candle Nine site