With three ground-breaking albums in 3 years for the revered French label M-Tronic, Michael Morton, Toronto-based electronic music composer and visual artist, has established himself as a driving force in the world of modern dark electronica.
Performing live with such legendary acts as Xingu Hill, S:cage, Terrorfakt, Converter, Manufactura, Haujobb, and Legendary Pink Dots, a multitude of remix credits and compilation appearances, and sharp imaginative digital artwork under the alias Anti/Matter, Morton has more than earned his place among the ranks of the greatest electronic musicians of all time.
Now, Michael brings his next masterpiece to Tympanik Audio titled ‘The Witching Hour‘ in August 2008. Working from old horror movie samples, crackling analog records, chilling atmospheres, and addictive trip-hop beats, ‘The Witching Hour‘ introduces a new chapter in the Displacer legacy with style.
Includes remixes by L’ombre, Diff_Cult, Larvae, ESA, and Autoclav1.1.
“The Witching Hour” finds much success with strong, cohesive composition and heavy atmosphere. …a solid release…” – Wounds Of The Earth
“…eases listeners into a trance-inducing calm.” – Rue Morgue Magazine
“…a great accomplishment.” – Gothtronic
“Recommended. Absolutely the best artwork I’ve seen so far this year.” – The Fell
Available now on Compact Disc only from Tympanik Audio.
01. Low Moral Fiber
02. To Live, Love, Die… Or Kill!
03. Nag Champa
04. The Witching Hour
05. Squirm [clip preview]
07. He Could Destroy The Earth
08. Warriors In God’s Army [clip preview]
09. Men Of Low Moral Fiber (Displacer vs. Diff_Cult)
10. Nag Champa (L’ombre remix) [clip preview]
11. Warriors In Dub’s Army (Larvae remix)
12. The Witching Hour (Until The Clock Strikes One: Autoclav1.1 remix)
13. Cage Fighters Lullaby (Guided By Gentle Persuasion: ESA remix) [clip preview]
Displacer: Communication Breakdown (remastered) [full download]